Our top-ranked Projects practice includes advice in relation to:
- Construction projects
- Energy and natural resources projects
- Project and infrastructure finance
Recent Deal Highlights
- Advising the Govt of Sindh on its multi-million dollar urban mobility BRT Yellow Line project for one of the largest cities of the world and the largest city of Pakistan. This is an important state of the art project for the Transportation Department of the Government of Sindh, funded by World Bank, as part of the city’s bus and mass rapid transit system.
- Advising the Govt of Sindh on its landmark waste to energy conversion projects, funded by World Bank.
- Advising thePrivatisation Commission of Pakistan, as part of the winning consortium led by Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited, on the privatisation of two RLNG based power plants in what will be thelargest ever privatisation(in the power sector) through a strategic sale in Pakistan’s history expected to yield around USD 2 billion.
- Advised the Government of Sindh on the Public Private Partnership project for the Khairpur Khajoor Mandi on a BOT basis.Advised Sinosure on land due diligence in connection with China Power Hub Generation Company (Pvt) Limited’s establishment of two new 660 MW coal fired billion dollar plus power plants.
- Advising Sinosure on due diligencein connection with the establishment of two new 660 MW coal fired billion dollar plus power plants in Pakistan by a Chinese investor.
- Advising Sinosure on due diligence in connection with the establishment of a billion dollar plus hydel power plant in Pakistan by a Chinese investor.
- Advising China Power Hub Generation Company (Pvt) Limited on various legal, regulatory and financial aspects in relation to the establishment and operation of the coal fired power plants post-financial close of the project.
- Advised Yangtze Three Gorges Technology & Economy Development Co., Ltd (Muzaffarabad) on various legal and regulatory aspects in relation to the construction of a dam for the generation of thermal power.
- Advised China Zhongyuan Engineering Corporationon its operations in connection with a project which involves two nuclear power plants in Sindh
- Advising the Sachal Engineering Works Pvt Ltd on the Ghotki-Khandkot Bridge Project in PPP mode.
- Advising Punjab Central Business District Authority on the legal aspects of one of its landmark projects.
- Advising the Sindh Solid Waste Management Board on integrated solid waste management projects for selected urban districts of Sindh.
- Advising Ghani Builders & Developers, a leading real estate developer on its construction and development projects in Pakistan
- Advising the Government of Sindh, Pakistan on the billion dollar plus Karachi Circular Railway project which will be the major mass transit rail system for Karachi, a city of 20 million people.
- Advised a foreign Malaysian construction company Bina Puri on obtaining a long term concession (circa USD 180 million) for a major tolled motorway in Pakistan from Karachi to Hyderabad (approx. 136 km) on a build-operate-transfer (BOT) basis, including drafting and negotiating the concession agreement with the National Highway Authority, advising on the EPC contract and other related project agreements and assistance with satisfaction of conditions precedent and advising on the financing package to be provided by international financial institutions.
- Advising on the corporate investment by Egyptian billionaire Naguib Sawiris in a luxurious USD 2 billion housing estate in Islamabad being undertaken together with the Saif Group, a leading Pakistani conglomerate.
- Advising Central Depository of Pakistan Limited and Association of Builders and Developers on the digitalisation of land records in Sindh through Land Repository System which will be the first ever system in Pakistan catering to the need of electronic registration of land and land titles.
- Advising the Government of Sindh on the legislative framework for financial management and accountability of financial transactions of that Government under a project sponsored by the Asian Development Bank and drafting the relevant legislation.