Our Projects practice includes advice in relation to:
- Construction projects
- Energy and natural resources projects
- Project and infrastructure finance
Recent Deal Highlights
- Advising the Advised Sachal Engineering Works Pvt Ltd on the Ghotki-Khandkot Bridge Project in PPP mode.
- Advising the Sindh Solid Waste Management Board on integrated solid waste management projects for selected urban districts of Sindh.
- Advising Ghani Builders & Developers, a leading real estate developer on its construction and development projects in Pakistan
- Advising the Government of Sindh, Pakistan on the billion dollar plus Karachi Circular Railway project which will be the major mass transit rail system for Karachi, a city of 20 million people.
- Advised a foreign Malaysian construction company Bina Puri on obtaining a long term concession (circa USD 180 million) for a major tolled motorway in Pakistan from Karachi to Hyderabad (approx. 136 km) on a build-operate-transfer (BOT) basis, including drafting and negotiating the concession agreement with the National Highway Authority, advising on the EPC contract and other related project agreements and assistance with satisfaction of conditions precedent and advising on the financing package to be provided by international financial institutions.
- Advising on the corporate investment by Egyptian billionaire Naguib Sawiris in a luxurious USD 2 billion housing estate in Islamabad being undertaken together with the Saif Group, a leading Pakistani conglomerate.
- Advising Central Depository of Pakistan Limited and Association of Builders and Developers on the digitalisation of land records in Sindh through Land Repository System which will be the first ever system in Pakistan catering to the need of electronic registration of land and land titles.
- Advising the Government of Sindh on the legislative framework for financial management and accountability of financial transactions of that Government under a project sponsored by the Asian Development Bank and drafting the relevant legislation.